Bertram Henry Waskey
Dr. Bert Waskey was born September 21, 1918 in Baltimore, Maryland to Albert Calvin Waskey (1879-1964) and his wife Anna Mary Frick Waskey (1880-1955), who were both originally from Baltimore as well. His parents owned Waskey's Meats. Bert was the 2nd youngest of seven children, his siblings were:
- Oliver F. Waskey (b. 1904-1992) who married Ruth.
- Dorothy Virginia Waskey Dunkerton (1908-1997) who was a schoolteacher (in 1930), and in 1952 married Roger Keith Dunkerton (1911-2002), from Waterloo, Iowa; Roger's parents were James Andrew Dunkerton (1884-1927) and Barbara Jane Leask Dunkerton (1884-1973). James was raised in Dunkerton, Iowa, the son of Thomas R. (1856-1924) and Lucy Agnes McIntosh Dunkerton (1857-1908), who founded Dunkerton, Iowa and Dunkerton Gospel Hall, the first Brethren assembly in Iowa. Roger's first wife was Florence Ella Matthews (1902-1951), of which they had three children: William Roger (1943-2016), James, and one other.
- Wilhelmina Waskey Kearney (1913-1999) who married John Orr Kearney on August 24, 1933 in Washington, D.C., and lived in Baltimore before moving to Virginia Beach in 1995.
- Anna Mary Waskey Warfield Daduk Timmerman Bricknell (1914-1991) who first married a draftsman, Donald H. Warfield (1906-2003), and they had one son, Albert Harry Warfield (b. 1939).
- Catherine Leonore Waskey Cole (1917-1986) who in 1938 married an architectural engineer named Francis Gandy Cole (1901-)
- Robert Henry Waskey (1921-1966).
Education, Service & Career
Dr. Waskey graduated from the Des Moines College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery in 1941. He practiced in Wisconsin from 1941 to 1943, when he joined the Army, serving until 1945. From 1945 to 1988, Dr. Waskey specialized in osteopathic medicine and surgery in several locations around Baltimore County. In 1988 he moved to Troy, Michigan where lived out the remainder of his life.
Dr. Waskey married Jeanne Yale, and had four children:
- Bertram Henry Waskey, Jr., Baltimore, MD
- Charles M. Waskey, Ellicott City, MD
- Barbara Yale Read, Boone, NC
- Kathryn M. Waskey Grugeon, Clarksville, MD
Jeanne died in 1976, and Dr. Waskey remarried Beatrice B. Balciar (1904-1987), who had previously married William Shannon Tickle in 1933, and having a daughter, Anita Tickle Bradley, before divorcing in 1942. Beatrice died in 1987, and Bert died in 1996.
- Bert's sister married Roger Keith Dunkerton, the grandson of the founder of Dunkerton Gospel Hall, Dunkerton, Iowa, the first assembly planted in Iowa.
- Bert was involved with the Exclusive Brethren in Windsor, Ontario.