Revision as of 22:33, 2 April 2020 by Doug Engle (talk | contribs) (→How to Get Involved)
Welcome to BrethrenPedia.Org
the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit
A wiki established by people who have belonged to churches that are variously identified as Plymouth Brethren churches, or otherwise New Testament patterned assemblies.
The wiki aims to document the history, doctrinal stands, people, books, magazines, and everything connected with this group of people. Please note the following:
- We invite Brethren as well as non-Brethren to contribute.
- You must be registered before you can contribute/edit essays.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy against spamming and vandalism.
- We welcome information about all aspects related to the Brethren, but with patience and respect towards a rich diversity of views and practices from our earliest days thru today.
- Accurate history with minimal grudge against people or groups to further unhelpful division, with respect for balance between autonomy and inter-dependency, as all types of people are watching. Griffith Thomas once observed, "The Brethren are remarkable people for rightly dividing the Word of Truth and wrongly dividing themselves!" A challenge to write with God's glory without an overly critical spirit in mind afflicts all of us, and begs humility, and a joyful spirit.
How to Get Involved
- Message us at brethrenpedia2019 at gmail dot com and introduce yourself, and our volunteer team will enthusiastically guide you thru obtaining a username and password for adding or editing articles. This email, unfortunately, was not initially setup to forward automatically and was neglected for awhile, but this issue has been fixed, as of April 2, 2020.
- Consult the User's Guide for information on adding/editing articles.
- Consider adding the following
- Information about your assembly
- Information about 'people'
- History of your assembly
- Information about Assembly ministries
- Information about Bible Institutes
- Information about Support organization
- Photographs of historical importance
- Books by Brethren
- Magazines: Current and old
- Links to audio and video
The Admins would be happy to create new Menu items to accommodate your posting needs.