More Information About Copy/Paste
We encourage contributors to enrich this Wiki with copy/paste of articles and resources that already exist on the web. Please remember the following points when you do so:
- ALL copy/paste must be related in some way or other with Brethren Assemblies or New Testament pattern churches.
- All copy/paste much list the URL from which such copying has been done.
- Such URL should be listed in the "Summary" box that appears at the bottom when you edit a page.
- Plagiarized articles will be deleted promptly by the admins.
- Repeated posting of plagiarized material will get the contributor banned.
- The correct way to acknowledge is given below.
Your Own Pre-published Material:
- You are encouraged to repost your own writings published elsewhere earlier.
- You need to give the URL of the original article.
- If it was published in a non electronic medium, then full listing (book name, journal name, year, month, etc.) should be given.
- You should declare that you own the copyright and that you now release to the Creative Commons copyright of BrethrenPedia.
- If the publisher holds the copyright, then you should get permission and mention it according to the next point.
- Permission granted for reproduction and reposting to BrethrenWiki to (Name) by (Name of copyright holder) on (date) via (email, print mail, or whatever medium through which you got communication).
- The above precautions are essential so that your post is not identified as plagiarism.
Copyrighted Material That Is Used With Permission:
- It is a criminal offense to reproduce copyrighted material without permission.
- In some countries plagiarism is a criminal offense for which you can be arrested.
- Copyrighted Material should be used ONLY with permission. of the copyright holder.
- The link of the original post should be given in the summary box with the following information: Permission granted for reproduction and reposting to BrethrenWiki to (Name) by (Name of copyright holder) on (date) via (email, print mail, or whatever medium through which you got communication).
Creative Commons Material:
- You are welcome to copy/paste material in Creative Commons copyright.
- You need to give the URL or full details of the publication.
- Unattributed articles will be removed because Creative Commons REQUIRES attribution.
Public Domain Material:
- We welcome copy/past of public domain material relevant to www.BrethrenPedia.org
- While attribution is not legally required, it is a good practice to attribute it to the source.
- After you attribute, please declare it as a public domain document.
- Public domain documents can be revised, edited, and modified by you.
- If you do the above, you can claim "Revised by (your name)".