Difference between revisions of "Smiths Falls Meeting Room, ON"

From BrethrenPedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(added bios)
(No difference)

Revision as of 11:14, 8 November 2019

The Smiths Falls Meeting Room is considered one of four of the oldest, continuously meeting, Darbyite assemblies in all of Ontario, Canada, alongside the Ottawa Meeting Room, ON, the London Meeting Room, ON and the St. Thomas Meeting Room, ON. Each is known to have existed in 1878, if not earlier. All four of these assemblies broke from Raven in 1909 to help form the Tunbridge Wells branch which is arguably the most populous branch of the closed brethren in North America.

Leadership

  • S. Lockart +1878-1879+
  • Henry Landon 1879-1880 (1827-1903)
  • George Willoughby +1889-1908+ (1823-1909)
  • John W. Ford +1896-1901+ (b. Feb. 21, 1853)
  • Hiram Tweedy +1903-1904 (1851-1904)
  • William George Tweedy +1905-1933 (1854-1933), brother of Hiram;
  • John Gibson Dennison +1905-1922 (1863-1922)
  • Dr. Arthur Cyrus Groth +1917+ (1884-1956)
  • George Edward Powell +1923-1927+ (b. 1880)
  • R.H. Percy +1923-1944+
  • William G. Wood +1933-1951+
  • Dr. Joseph John Hewitt +1933-1951+ (1889-1977) dentist
  • R.J. Kirkland +1944-1951+
  • Charles M. Nichol +1949-1966+
  • Albert Cecil Hayhoe +1962-1981 (1915-1981)
  • Jack A. Wood +1962-1985+
  • R. Victor Reilly +1973-1985+
  • Osborne G. Wills +1973-1985+
  • J. Bruce Wood +1985-2016+
  • Jim Hyland +1999-2016+
  • William J. "Bill" Wood +1999-2016+
  • Dale Van Spengen +1999-2016+

Other Early Alumni

  • George B. Menzies +1901+ (b. April 30, 1874 Frontenac, ON), son of John & Sam Ritchie Menzies; lived with John G. Dennison's family